viernes, 11 de septiembre de 2015

*MUSIC* BIGBANG MADE SERIES "D"



D

Release Date: 2015.07.01


"IF YOU"

Lyrics: G-Dragon
Music: G-Dragon, P.K, Dee.P
Arrangement: P.K, Dee.P

This song is a beautiful ballad. It has that feel that it would be great to listen to it in a live performance or an unplugged. 

Also, it didn't get a video. YG official revealed to Star News, "The reason why it does not have a music video is because since BIGBANG’s debut in 2006, "If You" is their saddest song ever. "If You" is a track that will touch you emotionally. A music video wasn't shot so that you can focus on the music and lyrics only."

I can understand why this song doesn't have a video and why they decided to not do it. I feel it wouldn't be the same thanks to the feelings this song portrays.

G-Dragon explained that the lyrics carry the song and their power allowed every member to sing on it, without technique. "If You" is the first track that all members sing on, including himself and TOP. He also noted that this was the first time the group had tried this kind of ballad and interestingly, that every one of their staff over thirty years old liked it the best.

It has a soft melody and the lyrics match together really well. It's definitely a love/grief/broke up song.


How about you?
Are you really fine?
Guess our break up is setting
I should forget you but it’s not easy

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will I feel better if I meet someone?
I remember the old times
I remember you


"SOBER"


Lyrics: G-Dragon, Teddy, TOP
Music: G-Dragon, Teddy, Choice37
Arrangement: Teddy, Choice37

A fun song and amusing video. 

The video gives you the sensation they are dreaming or really high. With scenes in rooms that are tilted, making you believe that they are walking in the walls.

Also the change in the color filters in the video, the smokey and light effect gives you the feeling that is a different reality, like a dream or something from their imagination.

At the end we see them running, wanting a get away of their lives and going for their dreams and freedom.

The first time I listened to it, actually didn't catch my attention, it took me a few times to get hook to this song. Now it's one of my favorites.

It has the typical BigBang feeling. A little bit of rap, with slow sequence and a very catchy chorus. Each member gives the song a little bit of their own personality with their voices.

The lyrics talk about wanting to get away, forgetting everything with alcohol, how the world don't understand and how they lost their dreams.

My mood is like a vast wilderness
People don’t understand me
So I just wanna lose it without even knowing

Get drunk, get drunk, go to heaven
After I wake, I’m in hell, I don’t last long
I’m like Popeye without spinach
The laughter bomb tempts me

Hey TAXI TAXI, take me away
Because this place is too hard to be in
So I can at least breathe for a few days

But also talks about love and grief? I'm not sure, but it seems like it's talking to a old lover, somebody that left and won't come back.

Without you, everything is hard
Without you, this dark night, this cold world
It’s too hard for me

Without you, I’m still left alone here
I’m waiting for you, only believing in you
But I’m a fool, no no no

2 comentarios: